Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beginning

Life was good. The town was small and we all knew each other. I met my husband in elementary school and we grew up with each other. We were each other's best friend and finally lovers. I loved education and he was passionate about electronics. After we graduated from collge, we married in our church. Then, we moved to Dallas to be close to a big electronics company. My husband loved working with there and did a lot of innovative things on the beginning edge of computers. I stayed home and raised our daughter. I also got involved in several church agencies that tried to help the poor. In the 1950's, my husband invented a gadget that revolutionized the speed of computers. I did not understand what it is & how it works. We continue after 50 years to get a royalty off the gadget. We use that money to help people in need. Our mission is to only help individuals not organizations or agencies. We both have to agree to help the person or we don't do it. People find us through church or nonprofit agencies.

2 comments:

  1. Life was good. The town was small and we all knew each other. I met my husband in elementary school and we grew up with each other. We were best friends and finally lovers. I had a penchant for education and he was passionate about electronics. After we graduated from collge, we married in our church and moved to Dallas to be close to a big electronics company. My husband did a lot of innovative things on the beginning edge of computers while I stayed home and raised our daughter. I also joined several church agencies that tried to help the poor.

    In the 1950's, my husband invented a gadget that revolutionized the speed of computers and we continue after 50 years to get a royalty from this! We use that money to help people in need. Our mission is to only help individuals, not organizations or agencies. We both have to agree to help the person or we don't do it. People find us through church or nonprofit agencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I proofed it & shortened a little bit. What do you think?
    However this works out & whatever happens to this, it will be great practice for writing a book!!!

    ReplyDelete